Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wrote a Short Story Today :)

After being preoccupied for a week by random stuff, I'm back on the right track!  Further, I managed a story in  a day.  Lately short stories have taken me a few days and sometimes more than a week.  Then, they don't often end up as short as I want them to be.

I really want to make August better, since my birthday is early September and I'll be 29 :(

So I want to get two more short stories written, finish the burgeoning novella and get a little farther in the main WIP ( two chapters? please?)

But, knowing me, I'll get 1 short story written, the novella will hangout, untouched, and I'll get farther in the manuscript draft than I intended.  There always seems to be a trade off.

I took a break reading (still working on the book I started almost a month ago *sobs*) but I've read two chapters in the last day :) So I hope that I'll be able to post my response to it soon.

I have to admit, I haven't been keeping up with news or watching anything worth sharing or discussing--just a ton of anime.  And Stewart and Colbert randomly --hey, I need to laugh!

Still, I'd say this is doing better, and now it's just about keeping up the momentum.


3 comments:

  1. well hello there, I'm visiting from IWSG. Or, I'm a IWSG want-to-be, or a was-been.

    I write non-fiction. some of it is funny. some of it is sad. but most of the sad stuff is inspirational because I typically don't write about it until I've climbed out of the hole.... except for the cancer stuff. I wrote that from day one.

    currently, I'm in "happy mode" so... its a good time to stop by, no pressure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on joining ISWG!

    As far as August goes, as long as you keep writing, it doesn't matter which project you work on. I'm interested in seeing how Don-Yin comes out. Seems like a well developed world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to IWSG. The support from this group will help. I look forward to the first Wednesday of the month now. :)

    IWSG #179 (At least until Alex culls the list again. :P)

    ReplyDelete