Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A Return to Blogging


My return to blogging is due to a sort of re-commitment to my writing as a career.  It isn’t that I exactly lost focus on it as such, but that I had some shaky years in there and had to immerse myself in fiction writing to survive them.  This mode of writing, blogging,  while I tried it on occasion, no longer did me any good.  
That said, I am back to a place where I can see myself working to advance my writing as a career again. I will be working toward being a hybrid author, some writing will be self published while I seek to traditionally publish novels I have poured my energy and time into the last few years.  
There is much change on my horizon and one thing that I know:  I need to be a full time writer.  So now, every bit of my time and ounce of my energy will be directed to this endeavor.  
What all of this means is that I have sought balance.  I had to find my feet, my path, anew.  And I have. So now it is about going forward.
What does going forward look like?  
I am going to be launching a patreon, blogging regularly, posting a web-exclusive novel to my shiny new website and also launching a newsletter.  By the end of the year I will have a body of work that I will independently publish, while also seeking traditional publication for different works.  There are a few other things in the works as well and I will announce them when they are a little more concrete.  

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you're back to blogging again, Drea! I know what you mean about having felt the need to take a break in it. For the past few weeks I've been a little shaky with my blogging myself. But I'm trying to stick with it as much as I can even if I have to keep the posts shorter (which I've been doing ever since before the holidays lol).

    ReplyDelete