Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'll Tumble 4 Ya Blogfest

Thanks Niki for this blogfest!

Blogfests really helped me get this blog off the ground, and now that life has been dousing me in unpleasantness, I'm hoping I can find more of these to brighten my day! I look forward to reading everyone else's posts.

So who was I crushing on in the 80's? I was too young :( I turned 7 in '90...but what was going on from '85-'87 was my parents' marriage falling apart, until it met with divorce, my mom took me and my baby brother to California and here's where we grew up. Soon after, my mom and step-dad met and he brought music into our lives.

My dad--(who's really my step dad)--is an amateur musician and filmaker. He introduced us to everything from Buddy Holly to Blondie.

And I have to admit that the sexiest 80's voice and songs--with the string of amazing music videos--was Bryan Adams.

I know, that might make me a tad lame, but I still crank up the radio for this song. And I sing along as loud as I can--with what little voice I have.

So here's to you Bryan Adams, I'll Tumble 4 Ya, provided it's '80's you :P
--unfortunately embedding the real music video was disabled. Copyrights, I s'pose, and all that :P So here's a German Band with my favorite cover of the song after wayyy too much time clicking through covers (and watch, I'll still listen to ten more before bed tonight).

16 comments:

  1. This song played constantly. I didn't understand how he could write a song about 1969 when he would've been too young. Then someone explained what it really meant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I've just found you through the blogfest. I love everything Bryan Adams did, apart from Everything I Do... I liked it to start with, but it was played everywhere. 14 weeks at No 1, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a HUGE Bryan Adams fan! What an interesting way to take part in the blogfest. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey nice to meet ya! Bryan Adams single "Summer of 69" was one of my first 45s. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Bryan Adams, and Summer of 69 was (and is) such a great song. Nice choice, and it's great to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice choice! It's so fun to see everyone's picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that a young 'un like you appreciates 80s Brian Adam. He was definitely sexy back in the day. "Everything I Do" is still a song I love. I'm glad music got brought into your life. ;) Thanks so much for joining the fest, I hope it does indeed brighten your day. I know I'm having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Brian! The great balladeer of the 80's. He had many great songs and was a hottie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Everyone :) I have to figure out the individual reply--:P But! Thanks for welcoming me. Sorry it was overplayed for some of you. I know I had that experience with Brittany Spears, Spice Girls, Maroon 5 and a few other bands in High School and college. Never could stand Brittany Spears :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post! Nice to see Bryan Adams on someone's list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great that your dad brought music into your life. I am a huge music lover, and my kids are now too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Summer of '69" is one of those songs that will long outlive its era. Many of my students, born in our current century, know the song instantly from that opening guitar riff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sucks that life is dousing you in unpleasantness. Hope things turn around soon. "Summer of '69" is good, and I like "Run to You" even more. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least you discovered the joy of music!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the most rockin' Bryan Adams song is "Run To You". now THAT one I crank up when it starts on the radio! or when it starts on my iPod...or in my iTunes ;)

    ReplyDelete