Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Look

I guess I wanted something new to look at.

On the technology front, news of the HTC Evo 4G permeates my house at the moment. I know phones don't seem to correspond with writing, but I'd argue that's all surface. More and more, people with smart phones do their reading on the phone. Blogging, tweeting, Facebook...all of these instant communication media are made easier by the smart phone. I know that my favorite time to be "in communication" is when I'm on the go. I know this doesn't work for drivers, but for me--I walk to the grocery store and that's a 15-20 minute walk. Good for a phone conversation or texting. The ability to scan blogs on my trips to the farmer's market and Trader Joe's is addictive as an idea. I can't stop thinking of the prospect.

The train ride to midtown/downtown will lose all monotony. In order to write, I feel that I have to keep up with the news. But other responsibilities keep me from spending the hours and hours online researching, catching up on my favorite blogs and the like. A phone! A phone! It will be the answer.

Wait a month, lets see if I've pinned hope in the right place.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a smartphone as an alternative place to read. I actually had a book reader on my LG Lotus back when I had Sprint. It was wonderful for long trips on the lightrail or the days when I rode Amtrak to visit family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to get along without a smart phone for a while now, but I too may get one some day.. the light rail is really perfect for it.. I still don't even have a twitter account.. very nice blog look though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sad thing is my smart phone is smarter than me! I look forward to reading your entry on the flirt blogfest this Sunday, Roland

    ReplyDelete